A very heartfelt thanks to Sara E Ackerman for nominating this blog for the award. To say it was a shock is less than the reality. We are stunned.
The rules of this award:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award. Sara E Ackerman
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs.
5. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
As there are five souls attached to this blog, the questions may reflect one, two, or multiple opinions spliced into the answer of one or more questions. That’s what life as a multiplicity is all about!
(2) The 11 Questions.
- Out of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most?
The ones that don’t exist on this plane. We travel to many worlds, meet many creatures and beasts, and the occasional human. These worlds are as real as the one we open our eyes to each day, and sometimes more real than reality. That’s probably why we’re storytellers.
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
Jumped out of perfectly good plane.
Kite surfed in the snow. Broke a leg.
Cave diving underwater. Black.
Quilty 100. Sore bum for weeks – poor horse.
Fostered teenagers. They survived.
Written stories for other people to read and live (it’s like giving up a child to someone else’s care).
- If you could take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
Either Attenborough brother – both have a good way to make story.
Neil DeGrasse Tyson (for this quote “We are part of this universe; we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts, is that the universe is in us.”).
Ghandi. Teach us the way of peace and enlightenment.
There are others, but the arguments got a bit hot.
If you could give someone $1 million dollars who would you give it to?
An organisation that helps the world by housing the people who live on the streets, that takes food that doesn’t meet supermarket criteria and uses it to feed those people, that is part of the community and actively inclusive.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
A common goal; life; friends; the ability to share and help; neighbours, friends and family.
- Given the choice of anyone living or dead, who would you choose to have dinner with and why?
King Arthur – then we’d know for sure if he was real or not!
- Give some advice to other bloggers or other blog starters.
Find the things that give you pleasure, that intrigue you, that offer inspiration and hope; use those worlds to help you create your own place in this community. Do it to a schedule, even if only once a month (we do like to read them).
- What is the most scandalous thing you have ever done?
Run naked down Hay Street Mall in Perth.
Kissed a stranger on NYE – but what city was it?
Got caught up in a protest and taken to jail – where my uncle was in charge! Whoops!
Drove without a licence, in an unregistered and uninsured vehicle through five states – did own the car! Didn’t get picked up.
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
The stories out in the world.
The ritual of writing every day.
The creation of this group of writers.
Learning the Storytelling 101 and sharing it with anyone who will listen (whether they want to or not).
Saving the life of a child who nearly drowned, who went on to become a doctor.
- If you could do any career in the world, what would you do?
Write. Tell stories. Novels, anthologies, shorts – any shape or form, as long as it’s a story-telling role.
- If you could live one day over again, what would it be and why?
The day of the fire, because now I know.
The day I left home at 12yo … because now I know it wasn’t the answer.
The day of the caravan … because I should’ve been more than I was and done more than I did.
The day of my father’s funeral, because I should’ve stayed.
(3) Eleven random facts about me (us):
- Jumped out of a perfectly good plane in an attempt to overcome a fear of heights. Didn’t work!
- Worked in a job that had everyone turning up their nose (sewerage truck – ha! got ya!).
- Slightly overbearing to get kids to go to school; comes from a background of feeling ‘dumb’ rather than uneducated – now changed. We never stop learning, and education is only the beginning.
- Like watching pimple-poppers (don’t tell anyone!).
- Still eat chocolate, regardless of the allergic rashes it causes.
- Prefer cats to dogs, but love dogs too.
- Can’t write poetry, but still try.
- Miss my daughter, even though she’s been gone for 24 years.
- My mother is one of the people who should never have had children.
- Writing about battles brings on nightmares about war (but still do it).
- Dogs are better than cats.
Responses by more than one person of the five, as you can tell by 6 and 11 (Cisi and Karel – dobbed).
(4) I would like to nominate the following bloggers. No particular order of favouritism, and so many others that could be here!
- Cage Dunn
- Life of a ChickPea
- Martha Kennedy
- Amy L Sauder
- Valerie Parv
- Oscar Relentos
- Sascha Darlington
- Lost Property
- Jackie Kellum
- Nicole Knudsen
(5) Notify them!!!!
(6) The 11 questions for the nominees:
- What types of books do you like to read in Winter? Is it different to Summer?
- What is your favourite location in the real world and why?
- If you had one question you want answered, what would it be?
- What four people would you invite to your next big-ticket party and why?
- What are some of the things you’d ask them?
- In what way would you like to change your life? Why? (or how?)
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- What was the most important thing in your life (up ’til now)?
- What advice would you offer to new(ish) bloggers? What would’ve helped you when you were starting out?
- Have you ever done anything your mother wouldn’t be proud of? (you have to tell at least a little).
- What is the funniest thing to ever happen to you (or in front of you)?
thank you for participating – we know it takes some effort to do this, but we love you for it! And the spelling – we are Australian.
Cage, Karel, Shannon, Cisi, and Rose – of Five Books a Year By One For You (5bayby14u).